Monday, April 24, 2006

Friends

Life has changed for me in the past few weeks. Four of my closest friends here in Tallahassee left for Pittsburgh (three of them got jobs in the same freaking firm, lucky bastards). Funny isn't it, you never really realize how important people are, until one day they just up and leave or you do the same.

I have been missing many things since they left (still looking for that mickey mouse drawer), but of all the things that I miss, what I miss the most is the late night discussions that horny, frustrated and single Indian guys of a certain age have. Most girls wouldnt know about this (most guys would be upset that I am writing about this) but all conversations between guys that fit the above description inevitably head towards this much anticipated non-virginal territory. One of the guys (I am not naming him for fear of my life) especially loved frequenting this topic. His creativity knew no bounds when it came upto conjuring visions, that would perhaps have even Jack the Ripper muttering a demure, "Oh!, Soooo naughty!". Yes, I even miss that, perhaps especially that. Perverted as it may sound, rowdy companionships often tend to be the most memorable ones.

But that does not mean that their departure has been all bad for me. I have had more time to read (material that most single men with time on their hands read), I have had time to do more things that can be done alone(hint ;-)), but above all, I guess, it has given me solitude and an opportunity to refocus. Reflection and self introspection often happens at periods such as these (read previous posts). And upon much reflection, I felt that I must thank the dudes for giving me a years worth of great memories, and friendships that I hope shall last a lifetime.

With a tear in my eye (damn that glycerine hurts), I raise my glass to y'awl and say "(hic) Viva la friendship and all corny endings (hic)".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home