a new beginning?
Ironically enough, the day I started the blog happened to be Vishu, the Malayali New Year, and I didnt even realize it. For people who know me, they will say that it's no surprise (they would say he is lucky enough to remember to wear his drawers), but it did spark off an interesting thought.
The significance of a new year.
Every year, without fail, scores of people all over the world celebrate to herald the coming of the new year. The feeling is universal , total strangers hug each other, people are ecstatic and the chorus rings out in unison "Happy New Year". Why? What's so special about a year changing. A new number? A statistical change? How in the world does a change in the month inspire so much emotion, so much fervor? Hell, they have even made it a holiday!
It may for some actually represent a tangible change in their physical circumstances, but for the majority isn't it just a change and that too merely symbolic. I guess the answer lies just there.
The change, however symbolic, is just what people want. A chance to renew themselves, a fresh opportunity to start again, a new perspective, a new horizon perhaps. The arrival of the new year brings with it the impetus of action, and maybe thats what I need.
I need to start afresh. A new beginning. I have to awake from this staagnant pool that my life has become. I have to find in myself again, the excitement that change brings. Change my lenses and bring the world into focus. And with this thought (I hope will translate into action) here's wishing y'all a Happy Vishu.
The significance of a new year.
Every year, without fail, scores of people all over the world celebrate to herald the coming of the new year. The feeling is universal , total strangers hug each other, people are ecstatic and the chorus rings out in unison "Happy New Year". Why? What's so special about a year changing. A new number? A statistical change? How in the world does a change in the month inspire so much emotion, so much fervor? Hell, they have even made it a holiday!
It may for some actually represent a tangible change in their physical circumstances, but for the majority isn't it just a change and that too merely symbolic. I guess the answer lies just there.
The change, however symbolic, is just what people want. A chance to renew themselves, a fresh opportunity to start again, a new perspective, a new horizon perhaps. The arrival of the new year brings with it the impetus of action, and maybe thats what I need.
I need to start afresh. A new beginning. I have to awake from this staagnant pool that my life has become. I have to find in myself again, the excitement that change brings. Change my lenses and bring the world into focus. And with this thought (I hope will translate into action) here's wishing y'all a Happy Vishu.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home